Sometimes life can become work and work can become your life. We are here to help you find the balance.
Employee Assistance Services (EAP)
We all have a need to seek help and consultation at some point in our lives. Whether it's helping you to navigate life's transitions, find more satisfaction in your work, or maximize your physical and emotional well-being, the EAP is here to assist. We can confidentially discuss your situation and help you find resources and information on issues including:
• Managing stress & anxiety
• Workplace effectiveness
• Coping with grief & loss
• Family Conflict
• Anger Management
How can our EAP benefit your company?
EAPs have a valuable role in helping employees addressing issues that affect them at work, home, and in their communities. EAPs can reap benefits for agencies, employees, families, and communities by:
- Improving productivity and employee engagement;
- Improving employees’ and dependents’ abilities to successfully respond to challenges;
- Developing employee and manager competencies in managing workplace stress;
- Reducing workplace absenteeism and unplanned absences;
- Supporting employees and managers during workforce restructuring, reduction-in-forces, or other workforce change events;
- Reducing workplace accidents;
- Reducing the likelihood of workplace violence or other safety risks;
- Supporting disaster and emergency preparedness;
- Managing the effect of disruptive incidents, such as workplace, injury, or other crises;
- Facilitating safe, timely, and effective return-to-work for employees short-term and extended absences;
- Reducing healthcare costs associated with stress, depression, and other mental health issues; and
- Reducing employee turnover and related replacement costs.
How Can EAPs Be Used?
EAP services are free, voluntary, and confidential. These programs can help employees and managers address a broad and complex body of personal and workplace issues, such as:
- Mental illness
- Alcohol misuse
- Substance disorder
- Workplace conflicts, violence, and bullying
- Emergency preparedness
- Crisis management
- Financial problems
- Legal problems
- Domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault
- Workforce restructuring and reduction-in-forces
For more information about how we can work with small businesses, contact us at [email protected].
FAQ for Employees
What is the employee assistance program (EAP)?
The EAP is a confidential round-the-clock service that helps you and your family balance the demands of work, life and personal issues. We can offer support and resources for your concerns around parenting issues, work-related situations, relationship problems, anger management or even self-improvement. And, this program is available to you, your spouse and others in your household.
What happens when I call?
An EAP Associate will ask you a few questions to help you identify the best resource to assist you with your personal situation. We will match you with a counselor or therapist who is experienced in helping people with problems similar to yours. The EAP Associate will give you all the information you need to schedule a convenient appointment.
Does the EAP cost anything?
No. This service is offered free of charge by your employer (some restrictions may apply.)
Are services confidential?
Maintaining the confidentiality of EAP services is a fundamental right to which everyone is entitled. All records, including medical information, referrals and evaluations, are kept confidential in accordance with federal and state laws.
How do I make an appointment for EAP services?
Contact our EAP associate at 337-484-1201 to set an appointment.